A local Architect was commissioned to design the Church in Connel and it has always been assumed that the general shape of the Church building was based on Iona Abbey then a ruin. The Church is built in the ancient cruciform style with a low square tower of early gothic design with the foundation stone being laid on 19th June 1887 and the Church formerly opened for worship on Sunday 13th May, 1888.

Whilst the interior furnishings are all made of oak, probably the main feature of St. Oran’s is the magnificent collection of stained glass windows donated to the Church from its early days right up to the present time.

 
   
Ministry of Jesus
       
               
             
                           
         
The Four Seasons Windows
       
                           
 

Home

Coll

Dunbeg

Info

Manse