The Isle of Coll a situated in the Inner Hebrides, off the West Coast of Scotland and there has been Christianity on the Isle of Coll since AD 550.
The Coll Parish Church, completed and opened for worship in 1907, stands sentinel on the hill above Arinagour, a distinctive landmark seen by all who approach the village.
In 2007 the congregation celebrated their Centenary and established a Centenary Restoration Fund. Work was carried out on the back wall and tower, the bell was restored and rehung and redecoration of the building interior was completed. This added to improvements made to the church in previous years which included installation of new windows and oil fired central heating.
Coll Parish Church belongs to the whole island community, not just to those who profess the Christian Faith and attend worship. It is an important part of the island’s heritage, a fine building much admired by the many visitors to the island, and worthy of being preserved and maintained in good order for handing on to future generations of islanders.
The doors of Coll Parish Church are always open at all times to welcome everyone, islanders and visitors alike. It is a place where people can find peace of heart and mind in the quietness of God’s presence, a place where worship has been regularly offered to God for over 100 years.