Probably the main feature of St Oran’s is the magnificent collection of stained glass windows donated to the church from it’s early days right up to the present.
This window, along with 2 small windows high up in the tower, was paid for by the congregation. These are in memory of Rev. C.D. MacIntosh, who was minister of Connel from 1894 to 1925.
In the main window we have pictures from the ministry of Jesus. (left to right)
The Good Samaritan (Luke 10:25-37)
The Good Shepherd (John 10)
Jesus blesses the children (Mark 10:13-16)
The round window perhaps shows St Oran on the mainland or St Columba landing on Iona.
The tower windows show Ruth from the Old Testament (left) and St Oran preaching to the people (right).